Q: Power motor window fuse keeps blowing on a 2001 F150

My 2001 F150 keeps blowing the power motor window fuse. Any help?

A: Generally, it means that the motor itself i...

Generally, it means that the motor itself is shorted out and it’s just popping the fuse. That’s almost always what it is. You can take the door panel apart and you can disconnect the motor from the switch and then try it. And, when it’s not connected to the motor, and you find that it doesn’t pop the fuse, you’ll know that it is the motor for sure and replace it. If you need help verifying which component is bad, a technician from YourMechanic can visit your car’s location to diagnose your window and replace your window motor if necessary.