Q: My car sputters, what's wrong with it?

asked by on September 06, 2016

My car sputter a lot when in park,as if it's getting like pockets of fuel or power at a time. It also sputter when I try to accelerate to fast and the sputtering becomes very rapid, it will also a cure randomly when driving but will go away if I accelerate very easily. I've already replaced the spark plugs and cords, also the fuel filter.

Throttle Position Sensor Replacement $129.21 - $646.10 Get a Quote
Engine is sputtering Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

You may have a faulty throttle position sensor that is causing a jerk when accelerating or erratic idle. Have the computer scanned to look at codes and data from the throttle position sensor for a good closed throttle position and smooth reading all the way up to wide open throttle with engine off. If it is bad, then replace it. If it is good, then have the injectors and combustion chamber cleaned using GM approved methods. If you need help with these checks, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the engine sputter firsthand for an accurate repair.