Q: engine noise, sluggish, leaks

I have 2 questions. 1) When I step on the gas I feel and hear the engine roaring while driving, but it doesn't go as fast as it should I can tell because my brother's 2004 DTS flies when you step on the gas pedal. When I put it into 3rd gear it runs normally, but when I put it in drive it doesn't act right. It's leaking about a dollar size puddle of transmission fluid. I checked the fluids and they are all good. Do I need to replace the tcc solenoid? Could that be the problem? 2) I came home today and parked my car in the garage. 2 hours later it leaked oil the size of a soda can. I moved the car to make sure the leak was from my car and the same thing happened 2 hours later. I checked all the lines going to the motor to see if one slipped off or was cracked and didn't see anything wrong until I looked under the car and saw oil dripping slowly. I checked it yesterday, and was at the regular level. When I looked today it was almost dry. When I lifted the hood my motor and radiator cover had some oil on them. I did a scan on it and didn't get any codes for the motor. The only codes I got are p0174 and p1860. I can tell the difference between motor oil and transmission fluid, and I didn't mix them up. What is going on with my car? Thank you.

First off, the P0174 code is for the system to lean, the P1860 code is for the TCC solenoid electrical system. The P1860 code points to possible transmission issues.

The acceleration issue could be due to many different items such as the torque converter, transmission fluid level, bad fuel pump, or a failing transmission. The oil leak could be coming from many places, but the most common since the leak is on the radiator cover is a oil line that is under pressure. From the symptoms you have described, this car should not be driven until these issues are resolved or the car could be damaged further. A qualified technician from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your leaking issue and engine noise to determine what repairs are needed.