Q: my anti theft light is engaged and my car won't start what can I do to disarm it

my anti-theft system has been engaged I do not have an alarm how can I disarm my car won't start

The anti thief system on this car is called PATS or passive anti thief system. The use of a key with a chip in it is needed to disable the alarm when you go to start the car. If the key is not programmed to the PATS module then you will never get the vehicle to start. You will need to have a dealer program the PATS module using the dealer scanner called a WDS scanner. This will allow you to program your keys to the PATS module. You should make sure you have at least two program keys cut to fit your ignition when you have the programming done so you have extra keys.

• my anti theft light is engaged and my car won't start what can I do to disarm it