Q: Low fuel pressure

I have a volvo tad with a 760ve diesel engine that often appears ( psid 96 fmi 1 ) fuel pressure low in rail line. What should I check? My machine is kalmar empty handler .model dcf10045e7 that have volvo tad 760ve.engine. this engine often appear error code psid 96 fmi 0/ 1 that indicate fuel pressure low in rail line. What we should check? I aready checked the fuel feed that 6bar and already changed fuel filter .

Hello. If your vehicle is displaying low fuel pressure then it may be possible that there is an issue with the fuel pump. There are instances where a worn out fuel pumps will still operate but provide lower fuel pressure, usually until they fail or the vehicle begins to experience misfires or performance issues. Another possibility could be decreased fuel pressure due to an issue with the fuel pump circuit. I would also look at the vehicle’s fuel pressure regulator, which is the component that controls the engine’s fuel pressure. A faulty fuel pressure regulator can throw off the vehicle’s fuel pressure readings as well as affect engine performance. Another possibility could be a faulty fuel pressure sensor, sending a bad signal to the computer. As the possibilities could be many, if you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location, to determine if the fuel pump needs to be replaced.

Hi there. There have been some issues with the water separator head. The flapper valve in the filter head should open when the fuel pump stokes. The flapper valve is supposed to close the bypass hole. If there is dust or dirt on flapper valve seat, then fuel pump will supply less fuel to engine. I recommend checking the flapper valve and clean it if needed or replace it. If you need further assistance with engine having low fuel pressure, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.