Q: There's an oil leak coming from my valve gasket or VVTI seal oil area

I have an oil leak coming from passenger side of engine that I believe is coming from valve gasket and or vvti seal area. I took pictures and wanted to know if there was a way to upload them here to show a mechanic and get his thoughts. Pictures are very clear so mechanic will be able to see exact same area with oil deposits that I see. Thank u

A: Hello! Unfortunately, you are not able to u...

Hello! Unfortunately, you are not able to upload photos. It sounds like your oil leak may be coming from the valve cover gasket not properly sealing. This can happen for a variety of reasons and is usually a fairly simple fix for a qualified mechanic. Over time, these types of rubber gaskets can shrink and harden causing them to fail creating oil leaks as you describe. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your valve cover gasket.