Q: There's an oil leak coming from my valve gasket or VVTI seal oil area

I have an oil leak coming from passenger side of engine that I believe is coming from valve gasket and or vvti seal area. I took pictures and wanted to know if there was a way to upload them here to show a mechanic and get his thoughts. Pictures are very clear so mechanic will be able to see exact same area with oil deposits that I see. Thank u

Hello! Unfortunately, you are not able to upload photos. It sounds like your oil leak may be coming from the valve cover gasket not properly sealing. This can happen for a variety of reasons and is usually a fairly simple fix for a qualified mechanic. Over time, these types of rubber gaskets can shrink and harden causing them to fail creating oil leaks as you describe. I would recommend having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your valve cover gasket.

• There's an oil leak coming from my valve gasket or VVTI seal oil area