Q: Car not starting, replaced battery and alternator fuse but now inside fuses are blowing and still not starting

asked by on May 24, 2017

Car sat for 1 month without being driven etc. Bad cell in battery so replaced with new battery, car started but power windows, radio and a/c not working. Had friend look at fuses and now car won't start. A/c 10amp fuse keeps blowing as well as two other fuses and battery light is on and car won't start. Turns over but isn't starting.

Hi there. It is quite possible that you have an exposed electrical wire or a short somewhere in the electrical system that is the root source of your starting issue. A fuse or relay will continue to break when the circuit is unable to complete. This is typically due to a wire that is pinched, frayed or a ground wire connection that is faulty. Due to the multiple possible sources of this problem, I would recommend having one of our experienced mobile mechanics come to your location to complete an electrical problems inspection, so they can determine the root source of this issue and recommend the right repairs.