Q: Car wont start but cranks 1998 Nissan Altima

My 1998 Nissan Altima GXE randomly started slowing down yesterday while driving, so I pulled over and shut it off. When I tried to start it again, it wouldn't work. Like the title says, it cranks but wont turn over. Today, I changed the fuel filter and determined that the fuel pump is working since I cranked it real quick to see if fuel was getting to the filter, which it was. I also tested for a spark from the spark plugs and ruled out no spark as a problem. Does anyone have any other ideas of what it could be?? Thanks ahead of time.

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 1998 Altima. You may have a crankshaft or camshaft sensor causing the no start. You can scan the computer and watch the data to see if one or both of these sensors have failed and change the bad one. If you need help with this, have a certified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the starting issue and perform appropriate repairs.