Q: What should I do about condensation in the exterior lights?

What should I do about condensation in the exterior lights?

Your car’s headlights have vents built into them. This is necessary to deal with changes in pressure. If the lenses were completely sealed, it’s possible that pressure could build up and crack the lens. Because of this, it’s possible that some condensation will enter through the vent slits (this is normal). How much is too much? Here’s what Ford has to say about it:

• Thin Mist: Normal and acceptable.

• Fine Mist Over Less Than Half the Lens: Normal and acceptable.

• Water Puddle in the Lens: Not normal and not acceptable.

• Streaks or Visible Water Droplets: Not normal and not acceptable.

• Visible Streak Marks: Not normal and not acceptable.

Tip

If you notice any of the listed unacceptable conditions with your headlights, they should be inspected.

3. What should I do about condensation in the exterior lights?