Q: Water pump replacement

asked by on September 07, 2016

Dealer says ratling noise coming from water pump and recommends to replace the pump. Another repair shop recommends the same and also to replace the tensioner. They are recommending this as a precaution. Is this worth replacing too?

Water Pump Replacement $172.27 - $1183.89 Get a Quote
Drive Belt Tensioner Replacement $134.81 - $601.33 Get a Quote

Yes. I would replace the tensioner at the same time since the only addition would be parts and there would be minimal labor added since you are already removing the water pump. The tensioner is most likely just as worn as the pump is. If you would like to have these services done, a certified expert from YourMechanic can replace your water pump and tensioner at your home or office.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr