Q: How do I unlock my 2017 Ford Focus without the horn sounding?

asked by on May 09, 2017

I am looking to find a way to unlock and lock my 2017 ford focus without the horn sounding on and off even after pressing the lock and unlock buttons at the same time for three seconds.

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are different settings for each manufacturer, and you may need to hold the unlock and lock button down a little longer on your vehicle. However, if you are pressing the locking buttons twice, that is your problem. The first press will lock and alarm the doors silently. It is when you press the button twice that you ask the vehicle for an audible confirmation that it is locked. If you believe there is an issue with the horn, locks, or alarm, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.