Q: Suddenly my engine surges on rpm on the freeway or main street at 40 mph between 3000 rpm's to 4000 rpm's. Could it be the EGR?

2009 routan volks 4.0L v6 engine sudden increase on rpm 40mph at 3 to 4k rpm?? notice coolant decreases seems engine compartment hot

Spark Plugs Replacement $96.63 - $636.71 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the distributor or coil packs to the vehicle. The surging would most likely be caused by the electronics getting old and causing a delay in the spark ignition. I recommend replacing the spark plugs and wires and then retesting for the condition to reoccur. If you need further assistance with your engine surging, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.