Q: hello, i have a 2011 camry and the problem is when the alternator is putting out more juice it makes the belt tensioner bounce

hello, i have a 2011 camry the belt tensioner bounces more then normal when the altenator is putting out more juice.. new tensioner and belt

If you are using an aftermarket tensioner, that is not a Toyota OEM part, that might cause some difference in the manner of operation. Also, be sure that the belt is the correct part number and measure the belt tension which should be no less than 80 pounds using standard belt tension measuring tools. If you have the correct serpentine belt and an OEM belt tensioner, then all the other rotating elements in the serpentine belt circuit would have to be checked to find the origin of the problem. If any rotating elements are rough or bind, that will cause misoperation. If you request serpentine belt inspection/diagnosis a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, will diagnosis any misoperation and then get the issue resolved for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. hello, i have a 2011 camry and the problem is when the alternator is putting out more juice it makes the belt tensioner bounce