Q: Engine problems, sluggish acceleration, dash lights on

Hello. I've experienced some acceleration and idling problems with my car, for which I took it to the dealer but these problems weren't solved. The engine is idling very roughly and the car is slow to accelerate. The dashboard shows the following lights illuminated--engine management light, stability control light and engine symbol. That time at the dealer's, the codes were reset and it was all okay until the following time I drove it. After about half an hour of driving it with a few stops, the issue happened yet again. The engine worked rougly, there was a delay in acceleration and all the lights that were illuminated on the dashboard came on again. What could be cuasing these problems? Thanks.

It would help to know what the codes were that the dealer turned off and are most likely back. If they were misfire, antilock brake, or engine problem codes they will all help in the diagnosis of the problem you are having. If you have a rough running engine then you may have a fouling spark plug or ignition system issues. If you do not take it back to the dealer then have a certified mechanic check your acceleration problem. From there, the necessary steps and checks can be made in order to accurately fix your car.

3. Engine problems, sluggish acceleration, dash lights on