Q: My acura tl melted 2 coil pack and they cannot be removed should I replace the heads or replace the motor 2006 Acura TL

asked by on July 10, 2017

I have two coil pack that have melted and fused to the block my normal mechanic is unable to get the two plugs and coils out of the heads should I replace the heads see if I can get them off and take them somewhere or swap the motor , I still owe 6k on the car .....

Hello. I would first determine why the coils melted whether it was from an overheat or something else. In some cases the cylinder head will need to be replaced. I would get some help from an engine specialist to be able to repair this.

Hello. If the ignition coils have actually melted into the cylinder head then in some cases the heads will need to be replaced. I would first determine if this occurred for no reason or if the engine overheated. Most of the time it occurs when the engine overheats. In most cases the coil material can be removed though it is time consuming. If it will not come out then the cylinder head will need to be removed. You should get an engine specialist to get it taken care of.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr