Q: When I start my car up it feels like it's going to cut off it's shakes the idle feels like it's going to cut off it's just shakes

asked by on March 31, 2017

When I start my car up it starts to shake and feels like it's going to cut off the idol is shaking but when I press down on the accelerator it seems fine until i let up then it starts to shake again

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. There is a component on the vehicle known as the "idle air control valve", which is responsible for managing the idle speed when you are not on the throttle. It is also utilized when slowing down between letting off the gas and pressing the brake. If this valve is overly dirty, has an air leak, or has failed, you will experience similar issues. You may also need to look into the throttle itself, the intake air sensors, and the fuel pressure. Only further testing will tell exactly what system is having issues. For more help with diagnostics, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.