Q: What color is strut fluid?

There was a green fluid dripping from my drivers strut...I was told the strut had to be replaced to pass inspection...no visible leakage was in my driveway prior to bringing it in for inspection. How is this possible?

Most fluid that is used inside struts is going to be clear, light brown or a light green. The leak can be a residual leak from the strut seal and may not e a bad strut but normal leakage. If the strut is still supporting vehicle and the leak is just a minor sweating of the seal then it should not be replaced. If the leak is all over leaking down strut then it should be replaced. It happens when the seal gets cut by dirt and debris that gets in the seal. Have another mechanic like one from YourMechanic inspect the strut to verify the level of the leak from the strut and replace it if needed.

3. What color is strut fluid?