Q: A/C

When I first turn on my a/c it cycles thru 3-4 times correctly and the air gets cold. After that the clutch engages and stays engaged and the air turns hot.

A: In order to properly test the system you wi...

In order to properly test the system you will need to hook up gauges and check the pressures to see if the low side is getting low enough psi to cycle the compressor. Check if it is getting bellow about 20 psi on the low side, it should cycle. The cycling switch may be shorted or the temperature sensor is bad. The A/C amplifier in the right side of the dash is known to short and cause the compressor to stay on or off. There would need to be some tests to make sure it is bad before replacing it. If you decide to get this fixed, consider getting some help from a certified mechanic who can perform these checks to diagnose the issue with your A/C firsthand. An accurate repair can then be made once the problem has been pinpointed.