Q: Car was working fine then randomly shut off and will not turn back on, check engine light came on after the car turned off.

asked by on February 03, 2017

The car ran well in the morning and then when headed home I turned the corner and the car just died and I had to coast off onto the side of the rode. My daughter said it sounded like something broke but not sure if that is what happened. The check engine light came on after the car died and now the car wont start anymore.

Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. First you would need to check for any codes that could be stored or pending on the ECM (computer). The code will direct you to the location area that could be the cause of the noise that occurred when driving. Then look around the engine compartment for anything that could be broken. If there is nothing broken externally in the engine compartment, then there could be an internal issue with the engine. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your engine from when it made a breaking noise and then stalled out.