Q: My car wont go into gear in the mornings or if its been standing but after driving for 5 maybe 10 mins its ok what does this mean

My car wont go into gear first thing in the morning or if its been standing but once driveing after 5 mins its ok does this mean i need a new gearbox

A: Check your transmission fluid. If is brown,...

Check your transmission fluid. If is brown, overfilled, or under filled? If it is one of those then you may need to have your transmission oil and filter replaced. If not you may need to have one of our professional technicians come diagnose your car’s shifting issue firsthand for an accurate repair.