Q: Rear trunk latch not working right

There is a problem with the rear trunk latch. The trunk will not respond to key fob or trunk release from inside the car.

A: Hi there. The electronic truck latch is ope...

Hi there. The electronic truck latch is operated by an electronic actuator much like the locks on your door. Like many electronic devices, repeated usage wears it out over time. Some actuators can be replaced independently and some require it to be replaced with the latch as an assembly. A qualified mechanic will be able to inspect the latch issue and verify if this is the issue and advise you on an appropriate repair. Consider using YourMechanic for this repair.