Q: Truck shakes and traction light coming on.

My water pump and thermostat were replaced and now my car shakes. The traction light comes on and the car shakes when it is standing still.

Replacing the water pump in your vehicle is quite a labor intensive job. Part of the job requires removal of the timing chain that runs the engine. If the chain is not reinstalled properly it will cause the engine to shake. This is also known as a misfire. Many times a misfire will trigger a fault in the traction control system due to the shaking of the engine. The chain controls when the valves in the cylinder head open and close. If the chain is installed correctly the valves will open at the wrong time and cause your engine to run poorly. Your engine is also known for ignition module going bad as well. When the ignition module goes bad one or more cylinders will not have the spark necessary to ignite the fuel in the engine. I would suggest you ask for help from a mechanic from YourMechanic who has the experience and diagnostic equipment to determine exactly what is causing your engine to shake and turn the traction control light on.