Q: 2014 lincoln mkz 3.7L When slowing down it gives a bit of a sputter type jerk .. when on the Freeway went to merge gave it has an

asked by on April 22, 2017

Car sputters when slowing down to a complete stop. While on Highway I went merge and it was like gas pedal was empty after a few milliseconds it caught and took off. 70,000 miles 2014 lincoln mkz 3.7L fwd only had it a month. Did diagnostic check with mylynk vehicle health report everything says good oil level at 57% I also drive it in sport mode cause it's tighter being it's fwd it tightens suspension and removes a lot of the roll when entering corners

If your vehicle is turbo equipped, you might notice a hesitation on acceleration under certain conditions. As far as the sputtering is concerned, that is an engine controls issue that would have to be looked into. The air fuel ratio is off, under certain operating conditions, and/or there is a fault in the ignition system. The issue could be in the air induction system, mass air flow sensor, EGR system and quite a few other "systems". You could have a vacuum leak. Check for diagnostic troubles codes stored in the engine computer and look, too, at secondary firing patterns at idle to see if those traces hold any clues. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a sputtering diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.