Q: radiator fan issue

I've been trying to diagnose an intermittent overheating problem. The fan works while the car idles. After the car has been driven for 30 minutes, the car starts to overheat and the fan is NOT on. The car doesn't overheat while the car is moving. Can you help?

A: I would suspect the cooling fan switch is b...

I would suspect the cooling fan switch is bad or the two relays for the cooling system are bad. The cooling fan switch should be the most common problem, but for the price of the two relays in the engine compartment relay box I would replace them also. If you want to have your overheating issue inspected, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to let you know how to proceed with repair. They will also be able to replace your cooling fan relays if necessary.