Q: How do I secure cargo in the back?

asked by on December 14, 2015

How do I secure cargo in the back?

While your car’s cargo compartment offers plenty of space for storing parcels, packages, boxes and gear, you might need to secure some items, particularly if they’re fragile or prone to sliding around (if the compartment isn’t that full). There are several cargo storage solutions built right into the back of your vehicle that can help you secure different loads, including cargo hooks, grocery bag hooks and a storage box (if you don’t have the third row seats). Here’s what you need to know:

• Cargo Hooks: Use the cargo hooks to secure larger, loose items. You’ll find two extendable tethers with ring hooks. Pull them out and secure them to the cargo hook directly diagonal.

• Grocery Bag Hooks: There are two grocery bag hooks, one on each side of the cargo compartment. Just loop the handles of your grocery bags over the hooks to keep them from spilling.

• Storage Box: If you don’t have a third row seat, your car has one of two types of cargo box built into the floor. Both types have a foldable cover (false floor). Just lift up on the back, and then fold the cover toward the rear seat to use the cargo box.