Hard to turn steering wheel after power steering pump rep...

Q: Hard to turn steering wheel after power steering pump replaced

I just had my power steering pump replaced and steering wheel is hard to turn

Hi Elaine. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Sometimes after a power steering pump is installed, reduced pressure inside the hydraulic lines will build, which can create the symptoms you’re experiencing. IIn other cases, low power steering fluid levels can cause this to occur, as can air bubbles trapped in the hydraulic lines. t can take a few weeks for the pressure to build-up, so I would recommend keeping an eye on this to see if it improves in the next week or so. If it doesn’t improve, please have a professional mechanic complete a steering wheel is hard to turn inspection.