Q: I have a random misfire at idle. I have tried everything I know. Plugs coils smoked the intake for leaks tested the EGR

I have a random misfire not always giving me a engine code on the ECU. Car drives out fine on the road but when you come to a stop the engine randomly misfires and sometimes goes dead. I have had it to give me a knock sensor code but in the past I have seen this came from a misfire so I know this is probably coming from the rough idle. I have replaced all for coils all the spark plugs and I also smoked the intake to try to find a vacuum leak but everything checked out fine

Hi there. A random misfire is typically caused by a sensor or electrical connector that is faulty or the wiring harness is damaged; leading to the random supply of electricity. On a Sentra and other four-cylinder Nissan engines, it’s common for distributor caps to crack, especially after 100,000 miles. You might want to have a professional mobile mechanic complete an engine is running rough inspection, so they can determine the source of your problem and recommend the right repairs be completed.

3. I have a random misfire at idle. I have tried everything I know. Plugs coils smoked the intake for leaks tested the EGR