Q: BAS and ESP lights are coming on in dashboard - 2001 Mercedes Benz SLK320

My Brake Assist System and Electronic Stability Program lights just came on my dashboard yesterday when I drove my car. I don’t drive it very much. And it didn't seem to have any other problems when I drove it, but those warning lights stayed on and won't turn off. What do you think I need to do? What needs to be fixed?

A: Hello. The most common cause of this is low...

Hello. The most common cause of this is low brake fluid. When the brake fluid level is low, the lights will come on. If the brake pad level is low, then the brake fluid level will also be low. If the brake fluid level is fine, then the charging system needs to be checked for proper charging since low voltage will cause this also. If nothing shows up during these tests, then the the system will need to be scanned for codes to find the problem. To have this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to diagnose the warning lights and guide you on the correct repairs.