Q: Car still overheating after parts replacement

asked by on February 16, 2016

I think my head gasket needs replacing. My car is still overheating after I replaced the thermostat, radiator, hoses, spark plugs, timing belt, and having the water pump rebuilt.

Hello. The head gasket is a common failure on this engine. I see this issue occur all of the time. To verify this, I typically do a block test first. This will usually identify a leak in the head gasket. Sometimes a four gas analyzer needs to be used to find the problem. I recommend having a certified mechanic inspect and repair your overheating issue so that you can get back on the road.