Q: Hello there, my 2005 BMW 525i is not starting but its cranking. I've also noticed clicking sound near at the turbo.

asked by on March 04, 2017

Car not starting but engine is turning . Relay is heating up badly.

Hi there. If the fuel pump relay is getting hot, then check the condition of the fuel pump when the key is on. If there is no sound at the fuel pump (like a hum), then the fuel pump maybe shorting out causing the relay to get hot.

The clicking sound near the turbo could be the wastegate opening and closing for testing during the cranking cycle. If you need further assistance with your engine not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.