My 2012 Kia Forte has been having trouble with accelerati...

Q: My 2012 Kia Forte has been having trouble with acceleration for the last couple of days. When pressing the peddle the car will sud

asked by on September 09, 2017

My 2012 Kia Forte has been having trouble with acceleration for the last couple of days. When pressing the peddle the car will suddenly go into idle mode and lose power. There arent codes or a illuminated check engine light. I think it is important to note that I recently changed the brake switch. Please help

Hi Miguel. Thanks for contacting us today. It is possible - however unlikely, that while replacing the brake switch, an error code may have been triggered in the ECU, causing the acceleration problem you are experiencing. What is more likely is that this problem is not related to the recent repair, but caused by an issue with the electronic throttle control, clogged or dirty fuel injectors, or worn out mass air flow sensors, and even a throttle body that is damaged. It might be a good idea to have a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection to isolate the source of this problem, so the right repairs can be made.