Q: Why does my 2006 dodge charger keep stalling?

asked by on November 28, 2016

Happens almost every other day. Happens usually during acceleration. New tune up, new fuel pump relay switch, new fuel pump. Diagnostic ran at both Goodyear and at a certified Dodge dealership and no luck. Check engine light is on sometimes.

Idle Control Valve Replacement $146.15 - $920.51 Get a Quote

You may have a dirty or failing idle air control valve. The idle air control valve reads the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the engine at low speeds and at idle. Since this valve is controlled by the vehicle’s computer, it will adjust idle speed based upon other measurements such as engine temperature, intake air temperature and electrical system load or voltage. When you accelerate, the engine RPM increases, and as you let off the gas, the RPM slowly returns to the normal idling speed with the help of the idle air control valve. When the engine RPM drops below the normal range of about ~800 RPM, this often times will cause the engine to stall indicating a dirty or faulty idle air control valve. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and repair your idle air control valve.