Q: Audi A4 engine not running smooth

Hi, my engine is running rough, I used a fuel injector cleaner and got better gas mileage, but engine ran the same. Changed the fuel and the engine ran better, but still not as good as I want it to run. My engine also is burning oil, should I change the spark plugs or check the ignition coils? No check engine or other codes in the dash.

A: The first thing would be to check the throt...

The first thing would be to check the throttle body to see if it is really black from oil? If it is then you may have leaking oil seals in the turbo causing you to burn oil. This may also make your engine run rough without causing the engine misfire codes. Check your plugs and replace them if they are worn, black or have oil fouling from burning oil. If you still have issues then the coils may need to be replaced since they are common to get weak and cause rough running without a total misfire. If you still need help diagnosing why your engine is running rough have a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, come help you out.