Hot air blows even though the heater is not on. I have a ...

Q: Hot air blows even though the heater is not on. I have a 2007 Jeep Commander

asked by on November 05, 2017

Hot air blows even though the heater is not on.

Your car has a heater control valve to control the flow of coolant through the heater core. It is controlled via engine vacuum so that in the case of a failure, it will default to the heat (open) position. Your problem might be a simple as a vacuum hose that is broken or disconnected. Look under the hood for any small hoses that might be broken or in bad condition. If you don’t find anything that way, contact YourMechanic to have a technician come to your home or office, they can check out and replace your heater control valve for you right there on the spot.