Q: How can I tell if my hydro boost accumulator is causing my power steering/ brake issues of if it’s just s leaky line?

Not sure how much of this is relevant- Just had a $4000 done. Had the truck back a day and a half, Then when I put in park It started to idle just under redline RPMs, I started to replace the TPS but was given the wrong year so I was going to drive Back to the store in exchange it but when I pulled out of the driveway my power steering was dead and my breaks got weak. Then I looked at the engine and found that power steering fluid was being pushed out from under the full cap. It was not over filled. Are these two things related or symptoms of a biogrf systemic issue or is the power steering it’s own issue?

Hi Randall. Thanks for contacting us today. I think you have a few different issues that need to be individually diagnosed and resolved. Otherwise, you’ll be chasing repairs like it appears is going on in this case. The power steering issue might be due to air trapped in the hydraulic lines, which is typically an easy repair. The idle issue might be due to a turbo problem, which is very common with late-90’s turbo-diesels. I think having a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an on-site inspection would be best for starters.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr