Q: No power lugged down and burning way to much fuel along with back fire in air breather

I'm having problems with vehicle running like it suffocating to breath but have no blockages through exhaust system. Has no vacuum lines leaking. Has brand new plugs wires cap and rotor. what may be causing it to struggle to pick up and go and burning excessive amount of fuel than normally

A: From what you describe it would appear th...

Hello.

From what you describe it would appear that your vehicle is running rich, which can be caused by a wide variety of issues. A few common causes are a faulty fuel pressure regulator, leaky fuel injectors, a bad fuel pump, or a bad engine management sensor. As engine performance issues can sometimes be difficult to assess, especially on pre OBD II vehicles, I would recommend having the vehicle's loss of power diagnosed by a professional technician, like one from YourMechanic.