Q: The engine light is on and displaying a P1101 code on my code reader.

Keep getting a P1101 code. I have done the factory fix of replacing valve cover thought it was the pcv valve but the CEL is still on have 20 lbs of vacuum in the crankcase could it be MAF

A: Hi and thanks for contacting Your Mechanic....

Hi and thanks for contacting Your Mechanic. The code P1101 means that the mass airflow sensor (MAF) is out of self-test range. Check to see if the clamps to the sensor are tight. A slight leak of air around the sensor will make this code come up. Check the harness and see if the contacts are corrosion free. If everything looks good, then the MAF needs replaced. If you need further assistance with the mass airflow sensor replacement, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.