Q: Trouble with transmission hesitating.

I bought the car at an auction as salvage. The car drove perfectly and the engine ran beautifully when we got it. Lately, it has been acting really weird on acceleration. I used to be able to punch it in a time of need, but no more. It hesitates, as if it is skipping on the transmission, but I doubt it is the transmission since it is only two years old, and was not used that much. The hesitation happens when I put the car in manual shift gear too, without changing gears on acceleration it still skips.

Salvage cars are a gamble because you usually don’t know what happened, that being said I would be willing to bet its only a misfire, is the check engine light on? These codes could be helpful, the fact that the problem persists in a single gear makes me believe its not a transmission problem but an engine problem. Have a certified mechanic from YourMechanic do a comprehensive inspection and go from there, it could be just a coil pack thats failed.

3. Trouble with transmission hesitating.