Q: engine power reduced

asked by on December 31, 2016

I have a 2004 Malibu Maxx driving last night engine power reduced light came on lost power not sure what it could be heard anything from throttle body to spark plugs hooked the machine up got code P0826 that was the only code

Hello, thank you for writing in. The diagnostic code was related to the transmission shift circuit. The computer has detected an issue, and that likely the reason for reduced power. If the transmission shifts too early, your vehicle will bog down and not gain speed. From here further electrical and diagnostic testing must be done. The transmission, PCU, wiring, and terminals will all need to be checked. The transmission shift solenoids may also be having issues. For more assistance performing these tests, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.