Q: Car hood won't open

asked by on February 08, 2016

My car's hood will not open, and my battery is dead.

Battery will not hold a charge Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Overtime hood springs will loose the ability to force the hood up when the hood latch is pulled. It’s best to have an extra set of hands when trying to get it open so one may pull the hood latch while the other pries up slightly on the hood. The hood springs can be replaced with new ones so the hood can function normal again.

As for the battery, I would suggest the battery is recharged and tested. It would also be a good idea to test the alternator because a it recharges the battery and if it is faulty the battery will die sooner. A certified technician will be able to inspect the battery and check the starting system to see if there is anything thats hindering the battery from charging. 

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr