Q: Loud noise at the front end

My van started making loud noises a while ago. I had the brakes replaced. Also, I changed the wheel bearings and rotors. The noise is still noticeable. It seems to be coming from the front end of the car, at the left side. It can be heard while I'm driving especially downhill. Which other parts could make the noise at the front end?

Without being able to hear the noise, it will be hard to make an accurate recommendation. If the noise is a rotational noise that changes intensity based on road speed then looking at tire wear patterns such as a cupping or chopping type of wear could account for a wheel bearing type of growling noise.

If the noise is a clunking type noise, then you will want to look at components such as strut mounts or sway bars links/bushings. A chassis ear may need to be used during a road test of the vehicle to determine the area/component from which the noise is being produced. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the tools and expertise to diagnose and correct the noise issue.

3. Loud noise at the front end