Q: Transmission issues, rough shifting and noise

The car has an automatic transmission and it's been shifting roughly. I had the top engine mount replaced but the performance hasn't been improved that much. The car jerks sometimes. Also, when the first, second and third gears are being shifted, there is a clunking noise. Now that I had the engine mount replaced, there is also a grinding noise when I shift into reverse. Also, when the transmission is about to shift into third gear, it causes the RPM to increase rapidly and the engine to rev before it eventually shifts. What should I do?

Many different faults can cause the vehicle to shift roughly. The most common would be low fluid level in the transmission, transmission mounts, the torque converter, or one of the shift solenoids. If you’d like to get this checked before moving forward with a repair, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your shifting issue and perform any repairs required.

3. Transmission issues, rough shifting and noise