Q: Vapor canister purge valve has a loud tick? Very rough idle upon starting after a refueling.

Vapor canister purge valve has a loud tick, is this normal? Very rough idle upon starting after a refueling but clears in 3 to 5 seconds and resumes normal idle.

Hey there. The purge valve ticking noise is most likely normal and should not be noticed inside the cab when the windows are up. If it is too loud inside the cab, then have the valve replaced. The purge valve may be leaking vapor by it and into the engine when you are refueling. This will cause the engine to get fumes into the engine when it should not be getting them and will cause hard start and running rough until the excess fumes are burned. Replace the purge valve to correct the problem.

3. Vapor canister purge valve has a loud tick? Very rough idle upon starting after a refueling.