Q: Car is making a squealing noise! Awful!

My car squeals when I'm driving sometimes and it always squeals when starting up. After I've been driving for about 30 seconds it stops. Replaced the belt and the tensioner. They're brand new! It squeals worse when I'm turning, but not a power steering whine sound. When I'm turning the wheel and my car is still of it squeals my steering wheel jumps to the same rhythm as that squealing.

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2001 Ford Focus. I would suggest you start by adding some belt dressing to the belt, especially since it is new and this is the cheapest and easiest fix for starters. When they are new, they can make that kind of a sound until broken in a bit. If the problem worsens or continues, you may want to have a local expert diagnose the squealing sound in person and advise you on appropriate repairs.