2006 Toyota Camry wont start after overheating due to mis...

Q: 2006 Toyota Camry wont start after overheating due to missing radiator cap.

asked by on August 13, 2017

I drove to work and about 3 miles into the freeway my car started to overheat. I barely made it off the freeway to park and inspect. When i opened the hood i noticed there was oil and coolant spilled everywhere, not to mention the radiator cap was missing! I'm not sure where the oil came from but the coolant seems to have spilled from the top of the radiator. I checked my oil dipstick and had no oil and barely any coolant and now my car wont start it just cranks. Also there seems to be no coolant in the oil when i drained it and the radiator shows no sign of oil, my spark plugs seems a little dirty but not wet. We had a mechanic quickly diagnose it where he said hes not sure but the 4 cylinders are only getting around 90 in the compression test.

Sounds like the water pump went bad and broke the timing belt and now the engine will not start. Have the engine timing checked and the water pump to see if it is broken.