Q: help please chev traverse jolting

asked by on February 23, 2017

its been feeling like the back right tire is slipping (not grabbing the road) when i go from reverse to drive. Sometimes i feel a jolt while noticing that it feels like the tire isnt grabbing when i accelerate slowly to drive. it doesnt always happen, but when it does thats what it feels like i noticed that after i bought it and got the first tire season change over , thats when it began. the rear differential oils were checked and they are good, but i cant afford to take apart the whole back end to see if its the rear Dif. but a repair guy said he thinks the Read Dif is fine.

what is this???

Clunking or knocking noise from wheels Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It is more likely to be a transmission related issue. You might want to also check and see if the brake, or emergency brake, at the suspect wheel position is sticking. If so, that could account for the symptom you are observing. To obtain a diagnosis identifying the cause of the problem, you can request a wheel/tire noise diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.