Lexus IS300 won't start after transmission and engine swa...

Q: Lexus IS300 won't start after transmission and engine swap

i did a auto to manual swap changed the wiring harness inside and out including the ecu etc and i threw the manual motor/transmission onto my vehicle but only my lights and electronics work. car won't even attempt to start or sputter or anything. what can cause my car to not start? i changed all my fluids, and belts as well. i made sure i didn't mess with timing on the timing belt and kept it to how it basically was (which was properly timed)

There are countless reasons your engine might not run after a swap like this. One thing to keep in mind, however, is that an engine needs three things to run: spark, fuel and compression. Checking for each systematically will help narrow down the potential causes for your concern. Spark can be checked with an inline spark tester. Fuel pump operation can be checked with a fuel pressure tester and fuel injector control can be checked using a noid light. Finally, compression can be checked using a compressor tester and/or a leak down tester. Diagnosing your vehicle’s no-start condition could be very difficult and time consuming. If you’d rather have a professional tackle the job, keep in mind YourMechanic comes to your home or office. We would be happy to diagnose and repair your no start condition.