Q: Car won't start just one click when key is turned.

Yesterday I was driving and I smelled a bit of burning and notice my terminal ends were melting. When I get home to try and start the car again it doesn't start. I just hear one click. I got my batttery replaced and the terminals aswell. I tried today and when I kept turning it eventually came on. After that I turned it off and no more luck.

The first question you should ask, is why the terminals were melting in the first place. This is a sign something is wrong and this issue needs to be corrected, or the new battery may meet a similar fate. It may have been a bad battery that caused it, and the issue is already solved. Secondly when it comes to the current no crank situation, you may have done damage to the starter during this entire situation. If you tried to start the vehicle several times, or the battery sent a high voltage to the starter solenoid, these components could be damaged. I would check for the proper voltage (using a voltmeter) at the starter. If you have the available voltage within specification, I would have the starter replaced.

3. Car won't start just one click when key is turned.