Q: My radiator blew and I overheated the engine. I can make it start but it won't keep running

asked by on September 12, 2017

My radiator blew and I drove it for 20+ miles when my engine over heated and my car stopped completely. I was able to replace my radiator and I am now able to make it start (while pushing on the gas and turning the key for about 5 seconds) as long as I keep It at 2000 RPM's but the moment I let off the gas, the car shuts off. The car is also very shaky and loader than usual. My car is a Toyota Camry 2001 Has 170,000 miles

Car is hard to start Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Brandon. Thanks for contacting us today. When an engine overheats to the point that the radiator breaks, it often creates additional damage to engine internal components and electrical harnesses that power many fuel and ignition systems. Without completing an onsite inspection, it’s very difficult to assume which parts might be causing this hard to start issue.