Q: Buzzing noise from engine compartment

asked by on February 20, 2017

Buzzing is loud when motor is cold, lessens as motor warms up, does not sound unless car is moving.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello there. Typically a buzzing sound is due to a poor electrical ground; however, does not commonly improve as the vehicle gets warm. Sometimes, a loose serpentine or drive belt, or damaged pulley’s that drive these belts can create a similar sound. I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection; so they can pinpoint what is causing this noise.